Distracted Driver Policy
Policy and Procedure
In order to increase safety and eliminate unnecessary risks behind the wheel, Transformations has enacted a Distracted Driving Policy, effective 10.1.15. We are committed to ending the epidemic of distracted driving, and have created the following guidelines:
- Put your phone away while driving – whether the vehicle is in motion or stopped at a traffic light. This includes; answering or making phone calls, engaging in phone conversations, and reading or responding to emails, instant messages, and text messages.
- If you need to use your phone pull over safely to the side of the road or another safe location.
- Please consider:
- Turn cell phones off or put them on silent or vibrate before starting the car.
- Consider modifying voice mail greetings to indicate that you are unavailable to answer calls or return messages while driving.
- Inform clients, associates and business partners of this policy as an explanation of why calls may not be returned immediately.